again again and again until they give in...!

  


                   My youngest,  Suhail just finished his SPM and was so eager to go find a part time job...So he and the gang went to those fast food restaurants and tried their luck in vain..
                   Yesterday someone called from the hotel nearby, so off he went started his work ....around 5pm. It was an annual dinner going on, so he was terribly busy until 1230pm.!
                   I read what he wrote to his friends on FB ".kerja ok, tapi lenguh kaki giler...tak boleh duduk langsung .berdiri all night long.."
                   No one force him to find that part time job, in fact I like him to help around the house until the time he goes to further his studies, tapi kerja di umah mana syok kan..
                  I remember when I got my MCE result , others applied to further their studies, but I went to the Education Office in Kangar , nak minta guru sementara..before I could get a permanent one.

                   When I met the officer in charge ( Cikgu Malik )at the Education Office in Kangar , the first words he said was " memang ramai orang minta nak jadi guru sementara ni, bukan awak sorang je, nantilah. balik dulu ada kosong kami panggil."

                    I went home, looked at my siblings' faces.I know I couldnt afford to give up.The next day I went again at the same time, just to make him remember my face . This time he said , pointing at the letters on his table..

                   "Tu tengok tu surat2 atas meja saya tu, semua tu surat budak2 macam kamu ni minta guru sementara. STP pun ramai..Kamu ni SPM saja..kalau kamu di tempat saya kamu nak bagi kat budak STP ke SPM ? "

                    Masa tu muda lagi sangat2 .tak tau nak jawab apa.. went home lagi..Sampai umah, my mum asked ..
                   " Macam mana ? depa kata apa ? ada harapan dak dapat guru sementara tu? kalau dapat lega la sikit"
                   I wanted to tell her what the officer said tapi tak sampai hati, so I said to her..

                  " Esok depa suruh pi pulak, hari ni tak dan nak sembang. depa sibuk "

                  The next day, at the very same time 230 pm , I was in front of the officer. This time dia dah ready. He put down his pen immediately when he saw me and said..

                   " kamu ni bersungguh2 na nak kerja..? "

                    Suddenly I dapat semangat baru ...in my mind I said kalau tak dapat pun sudah but I want to say what I have to say today...

                    I looked at him in the eyes and said loud and clear..

                    " Encik , sepanjang Encik jadi pegawai di sini ada dak budak lain seumur saya ni yang mai minta kerja ni tiga hari berturut2 ?." and before he could say anything I continued...
                    " Memang saya ni ada MCE saja. Compared dengan surat2 atas meja encik tu. Tapi saya ni lain sikit dari depa tu, saya ni anak sulung yang kena bela lagi 5 mulut di rumah.. ayah saya dah mati 3 tahun dah... Hari ni saya akan tunggu di sini sampai encik kata betul2 tak dak kosong guru sementara tu baru saya balik."
              
                 After that I could not continue another word...my tears dah lebih laju dari hujan di luar office tu...
                 He did not say a word, he got up and was gone for about 10 minutes.. I did not move an inch from the chair in front of his table..

                Then he came back and said to me..

                 " Ok la Maznah, kamu balik dulu, saya janji esok saya bagi jawapan.. Tak payah mai esok na, saya akan bagi jawapan.Tulis alamat kamu di sini.."

                 He kept his promise, the next day an office boy from the Education office came looking for me. In his hand was a letter ..suruh I pergi kerja as a temporary teacher di Sek.Keb.Kuala Perlis...starting the very next day ! !



PS..Cikgu Malik, if u can read this , I am sorry for bothering you masa tu.Bukan I suka pun pi kacau orang tapi I had a responsibility that nothing in the world could stop me doing what I did then...



...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kain dalam cikgu luruh..!!

I sing this song for you..."Sepanjang Jalan Kenangan "

teacher pening la macam ni..