Mecheli mecheli , pitche pitche jaha...


  
      Ayah just had his lunch. As usual after singing to him a few songs while he ate his food, he would ask for a cup of coffee. Off to the kitchen I went, prepared a cup of coffee for him and sat beside him as usual.
    " waktu mana dok hafal lagu Hindustan ni ? " he was referring to the Hindi songs I sang to him while he ate tadi.
    "Ala, balik sekolah sama rehat2 tu cek hafal la.Sat ja ayah. "
    "Cuba nyanyi lagi sekali lagu yang last tu ayah nak dengaq "
    Of course dengan penuh kerelaan, ayah punya pasai apa pun tak pa. So I went like " Mecheli mecheli, piche piche jaha..."
    Ayah closed his eyes , mulut hisap rokok, jari beating on his lap, following the rythm.
    Tiba2 like the lightning he said something. My singing stopped.
    " Sebenaqnya Maznah ni anak India di pekan tu.Ayah bela buat anak sendiri.Tak percaya tengok hidung tu, kulit tu..kan semacam mamak roti tu " muka dia selamba.
    "Betui ka ayah ?.Bohong2" and I cried , went shrieking into my room.
    My mak came out.
    "Awat ni ? pasai apa pulak teriak ni ? "
    She turned to my ayah and said " Ayah hang, awat ni ? "
    He kept quiet, came to me and said, " alah melawak pun tak boleh.mana ada anak India.Anak ayah la.He pulled me to the sidebooard mirror and said.
   " Tu , tengok cermin tu.Tengok muka kita dua.sama kan ? hidung sama, mulut pun sama."Then he laughed out loud.

   "Mata mana sama, ayah mata kecik, cek mata besaq " I argued.
   " betui betui, mata kecik tak elok , mata besaq elok." the same words we exchanged many times when comparing his eyes to mine.

    My mak came out of the room, " tak dak kerja lain..benda tu pun nak berlawan ."

     "OK ayah nak keluaq Kangaq." he walked down the  wooden steps humming .." mecheli mecheli, piche piche jaha... "  
     I just looked on, suddenly he turned back. "Lupa pulak nak upah penyanyi hindustan."
     His hand into his pocket," Nah, pi beli sotong gulung kat kedai Kiang "
     I took the money and ran as fast as I could to kedai Kiang opposite my house.Bought dua sotong gulung , one for Mariyani ,one for me..

     Sedapnya sotong gulung...tq ayah, dear God, bestnya masa tu..Life was so gooooooood..




Comments

  1. superlike...best nya kalau wan hassan ada..i am sure i will be close to him..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure punya kakak.dia sporting and loved me dearly..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kain dalam cikgu luruh..!!

I sing this song for you..."Sepanjang Jalan Kenangan "

teacher pening la macam ni..