cucumber from the garden with home made sauce..yummy




       


                 People in my village always spent some time growing vegetables .My father was no exception .He had this small plot of land ( very small indeed ) which he planted only chillies and cucumbers.
                Around 5 or 6 in the evening we (including mum and my brother ) would be in our small garden. I would help to pull the weeds or water the plants.There was no watering cans then.Instead I used pails to do the job.When the cucumber was ready to pluck we would collect them into small basins.A few would be given to neighbors.
                But one thing I will never forget was how I ate the cucumbers.There was no chilli sauce then.So my grandma would pluck some fresh chillies, pounded with garlic, mix with some sugar and a pinch of salt, mix all together.There you are , the best original chilli sauce ever.
                I would cut the cucumber into long slices, spread the sauce on it, and enjoy my own rojak, right there among the cucumber leaves....so crunchy, so fresh , so finger-licking good...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kain dalam cikgu luruh..!!

I sing this song for you..."Sepanjang Jalan Kenangan "

teacher pening la macam ni..